CDMO Business Development Lead
VectorBuilder is a rapidly growing biotechnology company specializing in advanced genetic engineering solutions for research and medicine. In particular, VectorBuilder has established itself as a global leader in a range of products and services related to gene delivery, including vector design and optimization, vector cloning, virus packaging, library construction and screening, stable cell line generation, and GMP manufacturing of clinical-grade plasmids, mRNAs, proteins and viruses.
One highlight of VectorBuilder's innovative solutions is a revolutionary online platform for designing and ordering custom vectors. This award-winning platform has become highly popular with researchers around the world and has grown into an industry standard for its rich functionalities, extensive experimental validations, and easy-to-use graphical user interface. By leveraging the popularity of this platform, VectorBuilder has built a comprehensive portfolio of offerings covering virtually all gene delivery needs from bench to bedside.
- Develop and qualify leads in the gene and cell therapy sector through customer contact and prospecting. Identify the drug development business model in major accounts and build relationships with key customers to influence the acceptance of Vectorbuilder’s CDMO services.
- Communicate effectively the value proposition of Vectorbuilder’s service or products through teleconference calls, field visits, conference presentations, and scientific trade shows.
- Achieve new business wins with a reasonable opportunity closure rate.
- Lead sales program in the designated region (US). Prepare and implement plans to indicate target opportunities, potential new accounts, and expansion of existing accounts. Develop and maintain reports for tracking and reporting on sales opportunities.
- Work with the marketing team to assure the design, development, and implementation of marketing materials and programs. As required gather data on market trends and competitive service and pricing in designated regions.
- M.S. in Life Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical Science.
- Advanced scientific degree or MBA would be a plus.
- Minimum three years in business development or account management roles in Biologics or GCT, with an average deal value >100K USD.
- Additional hands-on experience in the technical/manufacturing department and solid knowledge of cGMP guidelines are strongly preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience can be accepted.
Salary range: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Mandarin speaking would be a plus;
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proficient in the use of standard office computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail).
Compensation is based on background and experience. To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.