- What is VectorBuilder?
- How to design a vector on VectorBuilder?
- What services do VectorBuilder offer and how to request them?
- How to place an order?
- How to use my account?
- How to obtain technical information on vectors?
- How is vector ID assigned?
- How is vector name assigned?
- Species abbreviations
- Can I obtain a copy of my vector’s QC and sequencing data?
- How to cite VectorBuilder’s vectors in publications?
Rules for allowing users to change automatically assigned names
In order to ensure consistency, users cannot change automatically assigned component names under most circumstances. But there are a few exceptions as listed below:
- When a component’s sequence is pasted by the user, the user must assign a name for it. Brackets will be added to indicate that the name is defined by the user.
- When an ORF retrieved from VectorBuilder’s ORF database has been edited by the user to introduce mutations, a * will be automatically added next to the official ORF name. The user can choose to use this name or change it to a different name. If the user chooses to change the name, brackets will be added to indicate that the name is defined by the user.