Inside Sales Manager (US)
Location: Chicago, IL and remote positions available
VectorBuilder currently has exciting opportunities for Inside Sales Managers in our Chicago, IL Headquarters. In this position you will be assisting the Field Application Scientists and Field Sales team by helping generate leads and acting as a liaison between existing/new customers and VectorBuilder. The candidate will be responsible for pre- and post-sales support, B2B and market development activities for VectorBuilder's portfolio of products and services.
This position is office based, but remote positions could be available depending on the candidate's qualifications. Up to 20% travel may be required.
- MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics or related field (preferred).
- BS in the life sciences (required).
- High self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to interact with customers with confidence and ease.
- Experience with sales and marketing in the life science sector is a plus.
- Excellent public speaking skills is a plus.
Highly desired but not required:
- Experience in account management, business development or sales/marketing within a life science company.
- Experience/knowledge in Molecular Biology (DNA cloning and/or virus packaging).
- A valid driving licence.
- Provide an expert understanding and strong technical competency of VectorBuilder’s offerings to new and existing clients.
- To assist the Field Sales Managers in generating novel leads throughout the US and Canada.
- Work closely with internal departments to provide high-level technical support and guidance to the customer.
- Further developing existing customer accounts by nurturing relationships, introducing new products and identifying new points of contact.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.