Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Frankfurt (Germany)
VectorBuilder is a rapidly growing biotechnology company that has established itself as a global leader in a range of life sciences products and services, including vector cloning, virus packaging, library construction, stable cell line generation, Covid-19 research reagents, and GMP manufacturing of clinical grade plasmid DNA and viruses. VectorBuilder's revolutionary online vector design platform has become highly popular with researchers around the world for its rich functionalities and highly intuitive user interface.
At VectorBuilder, a global leader in gene delivery from design to therapy, we are always looking to strengthen our organization by adding the best available talent to our growing team. We’re seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to help us source, identify, screen, and hire individuals for various roles in our company.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, 1-3 years’ experience in talent acquisition (with a focus on the Life Sciences market), proficiency in Applicant Tracking Systems, and the ability to devise sourcing strategies for potential applicants. This role requires a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills as you’ll often be asked to work closely with others across different departments.
This role can be based in Chicago or Frankfurt (Germany).
Objectives of this Role
- Input into overall hiring strategy of the organization to ensure our teams consist of a diverse set of qualified individuals
- Ensure the staffing needs of the company are being met, with a long-term talent strategy in mind
- Devise and implement sourcing strategies to build pipelines of potential applicants, such as employer branding initiatives
- Create and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience
- Form close relationships with senior managers to ensure clear candidate/interviewer expectations
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Coordinate with senior managers to identify staffing needs in different areas and departments
- Determine selection criteria for candidates by liaising with managers and other members of staff
- Source applicants through online channels, such as LinkedIn and other professional networks
- Create job descriptions and interview questions that reflect the requirements for each position
- Identify and refine down the most suitable talent from available candidates
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments, and in-person interviews, if possible
- Assess candidates’ information, including C.Vs., portfolios and references
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong candidate pipeline
- Keep records of all materials used for recruitment, including interview notes and related paperwork, to share with key stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Work experience in talent acquisition or similar roles
- Familiarity with social media, CV databases, and professional networks
- Experience with full cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience in using LinkedIn Talent Solutions to proactively source candidates
- A keen understanding of the requirements for each role in the company
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, or similar
- Graduate degree or some background in life science research a plus
- 1-3 years of experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, or similar
- Certification obtained from the HR Certification Institute would be advantageous
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
*VectorBuilder is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. VectorBuilder makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.