- What is VectorBuilder?
- How to design a vector on VectorBuilder?
- What services do VectorBuilder offer and how to request them?
- How to place an order?
- How to use my account?
- How to obtain technical information on vectors?
- How is vector ID assigned?
- How is vector name assigned?
- Species abbreviations
- Can I obtain a copy of my vector’s QC and sequencing data?
- How to cite VectorBuilder’s vectors in publications?
Rules for assembling vector name as illustrated by an example
Vector name: pLV[Exp]-Hygro-CMV>FLAG/hRHO[NM_000539.3]*/10xHis:IRES:3xNLS/EGFP/HA
LV: Vector backbone is lentivirus.
Exp: Biological application is mammalian gene expression.
Hygro: Marker gene is hygromycin B resistance gene.
CMV: Promoter for driving the gene of interest is CMV.
FLAG/hRHO[NM_000539.3]*/10xHis:IRES:3xNLS/EGFP/HA: The gene of interest is a polycistron containing multiple ORFs. The first ORF is hRHO[NM_000539.3], whose sequence is modified by the user (indicated by *), and is tagged with FLAG at the N terminus and 10xHis at the C terminus. It is followed by IRES, and then followed by the second ORF, which is EGFP tagged with 3xNLS at the N terminus and HA at the C terminus.