Territory Manager, DACH Region
VectorBuilder is a rapidly growing biotechnology company specializing in advanced genetic engineering solutions for research and medicine. In particular, VectorBuilder has established itself as a global leader in a range of products and services related to gene delivery, including vector design and optimization, vector cloning, virus packaging, library construction and screening, stable cell line generation, and GMP manufacturing of clinical-grade plasmids, mRNAs, proteins and viruses.
One highlight of VectorBuilder's innovative solutions is a revolutionary online platform for designing and ordering custom vectors. This award-winning platform has become highly popular with researchers around the world and has grown into an industry standard for its rich functionalities, extensive experimental validations, and easy-to-use graphical user interface. By leveraging the popularity of this platform, VectorBuilder has built a comprehensive portfolio of offerings covering virtually all gene delivery needs from bench to bedside.
VectorBuilder has an exciting opportunity for a Territory Manager to work in Germany, specifically in the Frankfurt area. The Territory manager is responsible for growing current customer accounts and developing new businesses across academia, pharma, and biotech in German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). Success and a strong work ethic are recognized and rewarded. This role will be remote, with approximately 50% travel post-COVID. Ideally, the Territory Manager will be expected to work in our Neu-Isenburg office at least 2 days a week during their probation period (first 6 months). This will depend on the candidates’ qualifications, experience, and current location and is by no means a requirement.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics or related field (Ph.D. highly preferred)
- High self-motivation, ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and sales skills
- Ability to interact with customers with confidence and ease
- Fluency, both verbal and written, in English and German (at least C1 for German)
- Strong attention to detail
Highly desired but not required:
- Experience in account management or marketing
- Minimum 2 years of Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Medical device experience
- Experience in molecular biology techniques especially DNA cloning and virus packaging
- Experienced with selling and presenting detailed scientific subjects in a clear and understandable manner
- Experience working with HubSpot is a plus but not required
- Increase sales within the designated territory
- Act as a point of contact for existing and potential customers within assigned territory
- Communicate with clients via email, phone, video call, webinar, virtual product shows/conferences (and in the future: in-person meetings, presentations, product shows/conferences) to promote VectorBuilder offerings\
- Discover and reach out to new potential clients (cold calling)
- Answer customer questions about features, pricing, and additional services
- Cultivate strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Collaborate with sales representatives from different territories to share best practices and support a cohesive sales approach
- Demonstrate strong product/service knowledge
- Work closely with internal departments to provide high-level technical support and guidance to the customer
- Maintain high customer satisfaction levels through excellent customer service
- Other duties as needed
Salary range: 60.000,00€ - 80.000,00€ per year
To apply, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.